Next, choose the more appropriate plastic mold needs to […]
Next, choose the more appropriate plastic mold needs to meet the six requirements.
White base mould
1. High corrosion resistance Many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the surface of the cavity. This corrosion causes the metal on the surface of the cavity to dissolve and fall off, the surface condition is deteriorated, and the quality of the plastic parts is deteriorated. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel, or chromium plating and cymbal nickel on the surface of the cavity.
2. Good abrasion resistance The gloss and accuracy of the surface of plastic parts are directly related to the abrasion resistance of the surface of the plastic mold cavity, especially when some fibers are added with glass fiber, inorganic fillers and certain pigments. Together with the plastic melt, it moves fast in the flow channel and the mold cavity, and the friction on the surface of the cavity is very large. If the material is not wear-resistant, it will quickly wear out, which will jeopardize the quality of the plastic parts.
3. Excellent dimensional stability During plastic molding, the temperature of the plastic mold cavity should reach above 300℃. For this reason, it is best to use tool steel (heat-treated steel) that has been properly tempered. Otherwise it will cause changes in the microstructure of the material, resulting in changes in the size of the plastic mold.
4. Easy to process mold parts are mostly made of metal materials, and some structural shapes are still very complicated. In order to shorten the production cycle and improve power, mold materials are required to be easily processed into the shape and accuracy required by drawings.
5. Good polishing performance Plastic and plastic parts generally require excellent gloss and surface conditions, so the roughness of the cavity surface is very small. In this way, it is necessary to perform surface processing on the cavity surface, such as polishing and grinding. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and pores.
6. Less affected by heat treatment In order to improve the hardness and wear resistance, plastic molds are generally heat treated, but this treatment should make the scale change small. Therefore, it is best to choose pre-hardened steel that can be cut.