First, don't just focus on product planning and ignore […]
First, don't just focus on product planning and ignore the production of plastic molds.
When developing products or trial production of new products, some users often only focus on product research and development at the initial stage, neglecting communication with plastic mold manufacturers. After the product planning plan is confirmed, early contact with the mold manufacturer has two advantages:
1. It can ensure that the planned product has a good forming process, and the finalization plan will not be revised because the parts are difficult to process.
2. The mold maker can make planning preparations in advance to prevent ill-consideration in a hurry and affect the construction period.
3. To make high-quality plastic molds, as long as the supply and demand sides cooperate closely, it can ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
Second, don't just look at the price, but from the full range of quality, cycle, and service.
1. There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements such as parts information, physical and chemical functions, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., select different types of mold forming.
2. Molds with high precision requirements need to be processed by high-precision CNC machine tools, and mold materials and forming processes have strict requirements, and CAD / CAE / CAM mold skills are required to plan and analyze.
3. Because some parts have special requirements during molding, the mold needs to use advanced technology such as warm runner, gas-assisted molding, and nitrogen cylinder.
4. The manufacturer should have CNC, EDM, WEDM and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinders, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instruments, computer planning and related software.
5. Generally, large-scale stamping dies (such as automobile covering parts dies) should consider whether the machine tool has a blank holding structure, even edge lubricant, multi-station progressive, etc. In addition to stamping tonnage, the number of punches, feeding equipment, machine tools and mold protection equipment must also be considered.
6. Not every enterprise has and grasps the production methods and processes of the above-mentioned molds. When selecting a cooperating manufacturer, we must understand its processing capabilities, not only looking at the hardware equipment, but also combining the management level, processing experience and technical strength.
7. For the same set of molds, the quotations of different manufacturers sometimes differ greatly. You should not pay more than the cost of the mold, nor should it be less than the cost of the mold. Mold manufacturers are the same as you, they must make reasonable profits in their affairs. Ordering a set of molds with a much lower quotation would be the beginning of trouble. Users must proceed from their own requirements and comprehensively measure.
Third, to prevent multi-head cooperation, try to make plastic molds and product processing through one-stop.
1. With qualified molds (qualified test pieces), it may not be possible to produce batches of qualified products. This is mainly related to the selection of the part processing machine tool, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the nature of the operator's skill.
2. With a good mold, there must be good forming and processing. It is best to work together to prevent multi-head cooperation. If the conditions are not met, one party must be selected for full responsibility, and the contract must be clearly written.