Precautions 1. Don't just focus on product planning and […]
1. Don't just focus on product planning and ignore plastic mold manufacturing.
When some users develop products or trial production of new products, they often only focus on product research and development at the initial stage and ignore the communication with the plastic mold manufacturing unit. After initial confirmation of the product planning plan, early contact with the mold manufacturer has two benefits:
1. It can ensure that the planned product has a good forming process, and it will not modify the finalization plan due to the difficulty of processing the parts.
2. The mold manufacturer can make planning preparations in advance to prevent poor consideration in a hurry and affect the construction period.
3. To manufacture high-quality plastic molds, as long as the supply and demand sides cooperate closely, it can ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
Second, don't just look at the price, but consider from all aspects of quality, cycle and service.
1. There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, scale accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of molds are selected.
2. Moulds with high accuracy requirements need to be processed with high-precision CNC machine tools, and the mold materials and forming processes have strict requirements. CAD / CAE / CAM mold skills are also required for planning and analysis.
3. Because some parts have special requirements during molding, the mold also needs to use advanced processes such as warm runners, gas-assisted molding, and nitrogen cylinders.
4. The manufacturer should have CNC, EDM, wire cutting machine tools and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinding machines, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instruments, computer planning and related software.
5. In general, large-scale stamping dies (such as car cover molds) should consider whether the machine tool has a beading organization, even lubricants, and multi-position progressive. In addition to stamping tonnage, punching times, feeding equipment, machine tools and mold protection equipment must be considered.
6. The manufacturing methods and processes of the above molds are not possessed and grasped by every enterprise. When selecting a cooperative manufacturer, we must understand its processing capabilities, not only looking at hardware equipment, but also combining management level, processing experience and technical strength.
7. For the same set of molds, there are sometimes large gaps in the prices quoted by different manufacturers. You should not pay more than the value of the mold, nor should it be less than the cost of the mold. The mold manufacturers, like you, must make a reasonable profit in the business. Customizing a set of molds with much lower quotes can be the beginning of trouble. Users must start from their own requirements and make a comprehensive measurement.
Third, prevent multi-head collaboration, try to make plastic molds and product processing through-train.
1. With qualified molds (test specimens are qualified), batches of qualified products may not be produced. This is mainly related to the selection of the machine tool for the part, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the skill of the operator.
2, with a good mold, but also a good forming process, it is best to coordinate through-train, try to prevent multi-head collaboration. If the conditions are not met, it is necessary to select one party to serve in full, and it must be clearly written when signing the contract.